Children's Bureau: 1910 Magnolia Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Children’s Bureau provides child abuse prevention and treatment services to at-risk children and parents each year through 20 community sites located in Los Angeles and Orange County. Eighty-six percent of the families served are low income.
Protecting vulnerable children through prevention, treatment, and advocacy.
Ronald E. Brown, Ph.D.
President & CEO
Chair, Ernst & Young LLP
Vice Chair, AECOM
Vice Chair, Shelli Herman & Associates
Marilyn “Mindy” Stein
Vice Chair, Tikun Olam Foundation
Treasurer / Vice Chair, Oaktree Capital Management
Dine Brands Global
Dr. Surendra Jain
Napean Capital Group
DaVita Medical Group
Morrison & Foerster LLP
James St. Aubin
MUFG Union Bank
Traylor Brothers, Inc.
What is your GuideStar Rating?
GuideStar – Gold Level
What percentage of total revenue goes to cause (after operation expenses)?
86 percent of funding goes directly toward programs.
What was your greatest community impact in 2019?
In 2019, we helped 50,000 vulnerable children and parents gain confidence, develop social connections with others in their community and increased their potential to be a positive force at home and in their neighborhoods.
Fundraising Events (or Areas of Funding)
See Giving Opportunities.
Volunteers are an important part of Children’s Bureau as they help further the agency’s mission by generously providing their talent and resources while also serving as brand ambassadors. Volunteer opportunities include:
• Serve on Children’s Bureau’s Board of Directors or Board of Trustees.
• Enlist your friends and coworkers to volunteer at seasonal family events.
• Actively participate on one of our fundraising event planning committees.
• Become a resource parent to a foster child by giving them a safe and nurturing family.
Children’s Bureau offers donors a variety of ways to invest in our child abuse prevention work including:
• Donate to our Annual Appeal Campaign
• Increase your gift through your company’s Matching Gift Program
• Design a Corporate Partnership with Children’s Bureau that meets your stakeholders and brand objectives
• Ensure Children’s Bureau future stability through the legacy of a Planned Gift
• Attend or sponsor one of our Special Events
• Organize your own fundraising campaign through Team all4kids
• Join our vibrant networking group of Young Professionals
GOALS FOR 2020
• Provide 400 children annually have safe and nurturing homes through foster care and adoptions.
• Ensure 600 children will complete School Readiness programs annually, receive screening for potential developmental delays and referral for more in-depth services as needed.
• Encourage 400 parents to participate in family enrichment programming to improve their social supports and resources, family functioning and parenting skills.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide 2018: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Children’s Bureau
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: The Jeffrey Foundation
- CUSTOM CONTENT: Children Are At Risk - It's Up to All of Us to Protect Them
- Investing in Primary Prevention is Key to Addressing Child Abuse
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Olive Crest
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: Mental Health America of Los Angeles