Letter from the Publisher
WELCOME TO THE 2019 EDITION OF OUR ANNUAL SPECIAL SUPPLEMENT HONORING LA’S MOST INFLUENTIAL WOMEN LAWYERS.
Last year marked the 25th anniversary of the appointment of Janet Reno, the first woman to serve as Attorney General of the United States. When Reno began her tenure one in four lawyers in the nation were women, a sharp increase from less than 1 in 25 when Reno graduated from law school in 1960. And it has become more balanced since then, too. Today, women make up just over one in three (38%) lawyers, or more than 400,000 women nationwide. That number will continue to increase, as 49% of current law school enrollment is female.
There are some particularly stellar attorneys in the LA region who happen to be women; we’ve alphabetically listed 75 of the best here, along with some basic information about their careers, practices, and some of their recent achievements.
The attorneys listed in these pages were chosen by the Los Angeles Business Journal to be recognized for exceptional legal skill across the full spectrum of responsibility; exemplary leadership, as evidenced by the highest professional and ethical standards; and for contributions to the Los Angeles community at large.
Congratulations to the extraordinary women who made this list. Thank you for working to keep the people and businesses of Los Angeles on the right track.
CEO & Publisher
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Honoree: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Publisher's Letter
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JANET I. LEVINE
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Jana Lubert
- Oustanding Women In Construction & Design: Publisher's Letter
- Best Law Firms to Work for in L.A: Publisher's Letter
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: COURTNEY ROWLEY
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Debra Wong Yang