Letter from the Publisher
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, family-owned and -controlled businesses account for 90% of American companies today. Their prevalence speaks to the positive impact family leadership has on customers. In fact, in a 2018 study of consumers’ impressions of different organizations, family-owned businesses were largely considered to be more stable, approachable, trustworthy and customer-friendly than other types of companies. Employees of family-owned businesses tend to be happier and more productive as well. In the L.A. region, new family-run organizations unceasingly enter the market, and legendary family brands continue to thrive. Indeed, there are some particularly inspiring businesses in the Los Angeles area that also happen to be family-owned. We have compiled a list of some of the best, along with information about what they do and the families behind the companies’ success. As you will see, the geographic diversity of these businesses is unparalleled. The following pages highlight success stories throughout the region – from Pasadena to downtown to Long Beach, Marina del Rey to Studio City to Chatsworth, and everywhere in between.
Congratulations to the extraordinary businesses that made this list – thank you for your unique contributions to the Los Angeles business community and beyond.
CEO & Publisher
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Morning Headlines
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Number of Women-Owned Businesses Growing 2.5 Times Faster Than National Average
- 2019 Women's Council & Awards: Latest Data Shows that Women are Starting an Average of 1,821 New U.S. Businesses per Day
- 40 In Their 40's: Publisher's Letter
- Top Women in Banking 2020: Publisher's Letter
- Influential Family-Owned Businesses in Los Angeles: Family-Owned Businesses Outperform Peers in Every Region and Sector
- Nontraditional Gets Workout
- $18.7B for Top Minority Firms