PeerStreet hires new sales manager; SpaceX successfully deploys 60 Starlink satellites; Snap gains new diversity lead
Santa Monica-based social media messaging company Snap Inc. took on its first vice president of diversity today, appointing Oona King. Variety reports King formerly was director of diversity strategy at Google and was hired by the company’s newly established HR lead Lara Sweet. The news comes the same day as a report from Vice News’ Motherboard that notes “several departments” have “abused privileged access” to data generated by the company’s Snapchat app via a development tool “several years ago.”
Hawthorne-based SpaceX sent 60 telecommunications satellites into orbit on one rocket the evening of May 23, marking the company’s 40th recovery of a used rocket booster. The satellites are part of a constellation known as Starlink, which SpaceX Chief Executive Elon Musk plans to use to distribute global affordable high-speed internet coverage. Space.com reports this successful launch is the heaviest payload SpaceX has sent into orbit to date.
El Segundo-based real estate investment platform PeerStreet Inc. appointed Deepa Salastekar as its new vice president of institutional sales. Salastekar will lead strategy and communications with financial institutions looking to invest in real estate loans offered by PeerStreet, Socaltech reports.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report May 28: SpaceX Works to Reduce Impact of Starlink
- Silicon Beach Report July 8: 3L Capital Raises $217 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 29: SpaceX Revises Starlink Plans
- Silicon Beach Report April 5: GumGum Sinks Teeth Into New Dental Venture
- Silicon Beach Report July 23: Snapchat Shutters SnapCash
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Silicon Beach Report June 7: SpaceX Preps For $1 Billion Satellite Launch
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 15: Snap Subpoenaed