Chief Executive, Cityview
THE LATEST: Burton’s private equity firm invests in multifamily and mixed-use projects in growing markets across the western United States. Cityview has developed more than 100 projects, has $4 illion in assets and manages a $2 billion portfolio.
BACKGROUND: Prior to joining Cityview in 2003, Burton worked at Warner Bros. in its corporate business development and strategy division. Before that, he was an attorney at O’Melveny & Myers. Burton attended UC Irvine and obtained his law degree from New York University. He balances his Cityview role with his responsibilities as president of the Los Angeles Board of Airport Commissioners, which oversees Los Angeles International and Van Nuys airports.
WORTH NOTING: Burton worked in the White House during the Clinton administration.
YEARS ON THE LA500: 1
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Former Planning Official Gets New View With Housing Fund
- Developer Moves on $75 Million Apartment Deal
- CityView Sells Wilmington Apartments for $75 Million
- Cityview Finds Benefit in Opportunity Zones
- Burton Appointed to Planning Commission
- Westwood Real Estate Firm CityView Closes $150 Million Investment Fund
- Stake Sells in $171 Million Koreatown Project
- DEBORAH FLINT