Principal and Managing Director, Los Angeles, Marsh & McLennan Agency
THE LATEST: Hegarty has put in more than a decade of service at Marsh & McLennan Agency, which has had a busy 2019 so far. The agency has acquired a range of businesses, including Plymouth Meeting, Pa.-based retirement consulting, asset management, and benefit-plan advisory firm Centurion; Phoenix-based Lovitt & Touché; Bethesda, Md.-based independent insurance agency Employee Benefits Group; and Clearwater, Fla.-based Bouchard Insurance.
BACKGROUND: Hegarty specializes in employee benefits programs for midsize to large companies in a range of industries, including finance, entertainment, hospitality and technology. Hegarty joined Marsh & McLennan in 2008. He holds a bachelor’s degree in communications with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Arizona.
WORTH NOTING: Hegarty helped develop Marsh & McLennan’s Benefits Tech Trust program, a small-business trust designed for California’s emerging technology companies.
YEARS ON THE LA500: 2
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2021's LA500 Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- Best Places to Work Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- CFO Awards Speaker: Brian Hegarty
- Brian Hegarty
- Most Influential Insurance Brokers: Brian Hegarty
- PETER ARKLEY
- Thriving In Their 40's: Brian Hegarty
- Containing the Escalating Costs of Prescription Drug Benefits: Why Self-Funded Plans May Be an Attractive Alternative for Employers