Digital technology has drastically changed how companies operate and grow. Will you be able to keep up with the pace of change and innovation? More importantly, will you be prepared to lead the way?
UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business MBA programs offer a personalized educational experience to help students develop the tools and leadership skills to think creatively and strategically about the challenges and opportunities created by digital technologies.
COUNT ON A COMMITMENT TO UNPARALLELED EDUCATIONAL QUALITY
The Merage School and its programs consistently rank among the top schools nationally and globally. Worldwide, business leaders choose the Merage School, realizing that its unique combination of curriculum, career advancement, and collaborative culture is unparalleled in peer institutions.
“We have made a commitment to our students to provide the highest quality education possible,” said Eric R. Spangenberg, Dean of the Merage School. “Our faculty, students, staff and the business community continually collaborate to ensure our curriculum and resources meet the demands of our students and the employers that hire them. This open dialogue provides tremendous value to our school, our students and the business community.”
The UCI Paul Merage School of Business is proud to offer three highly-ranked MBA programs:
The Full-Time MBA program is geared toward highly motivated professionals who want to develop critical leadership skills and increase their career potential. Graduates from this unique two-year program represent diverse academic, professional and cultural backgrounds, and rejoin the workforce with a leadership skill set for the digital world.
FULLY EMPLOYED MBA (FEMBA)
The Fully Employed MBA program is designed for early to mid-career working professionals and managers who want to pursue a graduate education while they continue their career climb. Students have the flexibility to customize the program around their career objectives and graduate in as few as 24 months. FEMBA students also participate in an international experiential learning opportunity and an executive leadership residential, both unique to the Merage School program. Classes are offered weeknights on-campus and in a hybrid format that combines the best in online learning with four on-campus Saturdays per quarter.
MBA FOR EXECUTIVES (EMBA)
The MBA for Executives program is designed for those who want to immerse themselves in the dynamic thinking required in our current business environment, and aligns with the career goals of mid-to senior-level professionals. Classes are held every third weekend for 21-months beginning in September in a format that supplements in-class sessions with state-of-the-art online learning between class weekends. Specializations may be earned in Digital Transformation; Real Estate and Urban Development; and Innovation and Entrepreneurship. A Healthcare Leadership Track has been built out within EMBA for those who want to apply their knowledge of business as a leader in the dynamic healthcare industry.
SPECIALIZED MASTERS PROGRAMS
In addition to these well-respected MBA programs, the Merage School also offers four specialized one-year master’s degrees designed for early career professionals ready to launch into their field.
• Master of Finance: Preparing students for entry and mid-level finance positions such as risk management, portfolio management, asset and wealth management.
• Master of Innovation and Entrepreneurship: The only program of its kind in the UC system, providing extensive integrated and immersive academic and practical experiences for students looking to embark on careers as entrepreneurs (innovating to form new companies) and intrapreneurs (innovating within existing companies).
• Master of Professional Accountancy: Preparing students for a successful accounting career by offering an intensive and comprehensive one- or two-year option.
• Master of Science in Business Analytics: Preparing students for high-demand opportunities in big data and business analytics across a variety of industries throughout California and beyond.
NAME OF INSTITUTION
University of California, Irvine (UCI)
NAME OF BUSINESS SCHOOL OR PROGRAM
The Paul Merage School of Business
BUSINESS SCHOOL DEAN
Eric R. Spangenberg, Ph.D
Dean and Professor of Marketing
YEAR INSTITUTION WAS FOUNDED
YEAR BUSINESS SCHOOL OR PROGRAM WAS STARTED
TOTAL MBA ENROLLMENT (ALL PLATFORMS OFFERED)
• Full-Time MBA - 156
• Fully Employed MBA - 373
• MBA for Executives - 101
MBA PLATFORMS OFFERED
• Full-Time MBA
• Fully Employed MBA (On-campus and Hybrid Options)
• MBA for Executives
MBA AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED
• Digital Transformation
• Health Care Management and Policy
• Health Care Leadership (EMBA only)
• Innovation & Entrepreneurship
• Real Estate and Urban Development
LENGTH OF PROGRAMS
• Full-Time MBA: 21 months
• Fully Employed MBA: 24-33 months
• MBA for Executives: 18 months
• No. 8 Full-Time MBA Among Public Institutions (Financial Times, 2019)
• No. 24 Full-Time MBA in the U.S. (Financial Times, 2019)
• No. 32 Part-time MBA in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
• No. 4 in California for Part-time MBA (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
• No. 7 Public University (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
• No. 1 in the World for percentage of Female Faculty (Financial Times, 2019)
• No. 20 Executive MBA in the U.S. and No. 30 worldwide (The Economist, 2018)
TOTAL COST OF MBA
Fees vary by program. Please contact our school or visit website for more details.
• Full-Time MBA: $90,575.26
• Fully Employed MBA: $98,567
• MBA for Executives: $116,658*
* Fall 2018 price, Fall 2019 is subject to change
GMAT/GRE required for Full-Time MBA GMAT waiver available for qualified Fully Employed MBA and EMBA candidates.
Official English language proficiency score (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) also required for international students
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Visit: merage.uci.edu/events to register for our next Info Session, Webinar or Preview event.
• Full-Time MBA: June 1
• Fully Employed MBA: July 15
• MBA for Executives: July 15
The first application deadline for all MBA programs is November 1.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.