PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS ■ Steps from the Santa Monica Expo Line ■ Mere blocks from the Santa Monica area’s most popular tourist attractions ■ Two hotels share the space and each provide distinct character
This unique site developed by OTO Development, with Lusardi Construction as the contractor and Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio, Inc. serving as the architectural lead, serves as a vital entry point to downtown Santa Monica, greeting riders of the Expo Line and motorists exiting the freeway, while also sitting blocks away from numerous tourist attractions.
Two hotels were designed simultaneously that would be tailored to the City and incorporate a sensitive urban design approach. Each with its own identity, the two hotels work aesthetically and functionally, anchoring a popular new esplanade while also taking into account the Metro station across the street.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- CRE Awards 2019: Best Hospitality Project - Hotels
- Developers Ride Culver City Line
- New Design in South L.A.
- Santa Monica Developers Rush to Get Line on Expo Stations
- Hotel Demand Breeds New Supply
- Developer Touts Bull’s-Eye With Target’s Arrival
- SUBWAY--Tourism Officials Say Subway Is Gravy Train
- HOTELS---Hospitality Industry