An affiliate of Beverly Hills-based private equity firm Platinum Equity has agreed to purchase Multi-Color Corp. in a transaction valued at $2.5 billion, including the assumption of $1.5 billion in debt. The transaction is expected to be completed by September and is subject to shareholder approval, regulatory clearances and other closing conditions. Upon the transaction’s completion, Batavia, Ohio-based Multi-Color, a maker of premium labels, will become a privately held business in Platinum Equity’s portfolio of companies. The transaction will be financed through a combination of committed equity financing provided by Platinum Equity Capital Partners IV and debt financing committed to by Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Platinum Equity Purchases Multi-Color Corp. for $2.5 Billion
- Platinum Equity Completes $630M Acquisition of Lonza Water Care Business
- Platinum Equity Acquires Label Making Company
- 15. Tom Gores
- Platinum Equity Completes $1.3B Purchase of Jostens
- Platinum Equity Buys Wesco Aircraft for $2B
- PE Roundup: Private Equity Deals Announced This Week
- Can Platinum Equity Turn Newspapers Into Gold?