On Saturday, June 8th, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) celebrated its 2019 Man & Woman of the Year campaign at The Sheraton Universal Hotel. 700 guests attended the event, hosted by Dr. Drew Pinsky, to celebrate the 23 candidates who competed for the titles of Man and Woman of the Year and one All Star. “Man of the Year” went to Dave Kuba and his team, Reality Fights, and “Woman of the Year” went to Amanda Montell and her team, Lymphomaniacs. The campaign collectively raised $1.47 million dollars in ten weeks.
The Man & Woman of the Year campaign is a spirited fundraising competition among a select group of nominated individuals in the community. The male candidate & female candidate who raise the most earn the prestigious titles. Candidates run in honor of the Boy & Girl of the Year, who are local blood cancer patient survivors and sources of inspiration. The 2019 Boy & Girl of the Year are Pierce Kelly (4) & Frances Abu Shanab (12).
Congratulations to the Class of 2019 for your incredible year, and thank you for making such a significant impact on the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: LLS NAMES “MAN AND WOMAN OF THE YEAR” FOR 2017
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Cancer May be Tough – But LLS is Tougher
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Cancer Prevention Awareness: Cancer May be Tough, but We are Tougher
- Cancer May be Tough, but LLS is Tougher
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Join in the Fight Against Blood Cancers
- Los Angeles Business Journal Women's Summit: FINALISTS - LORRAINE ALDERETTE, Estolia’s Food Products
- City of Hope Awarded $7.5 Million to Develop Therapies for Rare Blood Cancer