The MemorialCare Todd Cancer Institute (TCI) at Long Beach Medical Center offers comprehensive care, advanced technology, nationally recognized physicians and innovative treatment to cancer patients in a warm and caring environment. TCI provides custom and targeted integrated medicine and healing for each patient. It empowers patients to achieve the best quality of life by promoting wellness in mind, body and spirit. TCI’s accolades include:
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Named a “Breast Imaging Center of Excellence” by the American College of Radiology
- Magnet Recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
CUSTOMIZED CARE TAILORED JUST FOR YOU
Personalized care developed for the unique needs of each patient is a clinical reality at the MemorialCare Todd Cancer Institute at Long Beach Medical Center. Every patient has access to targeted, customized therapy treatments specially designed for their unique needs. In addition, patients have access to many research protocols and a wide range of programs to prevent or detect cancer in its earliest stages. But it doesn’t stop at the clinical care. Psychosocial support is woven throughout the plan of care to ensure total wellness.
MULTI-DISCIPLINARY TREATMENT PLANNING – SO YOU GET THE BEST OUTCOMES
TCI specializes in the divisions of gynecology, breast, thoracic, gastrointestinal and urinary cancers. Through multi-disciplinary treatment planning conferences, TCI specialists review new or difficult cases and develop treatment plans suited to the specific needs of each patient. These tumor boards include an experienced team of medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and surgeons who decide together what the best course of treatment is for each individual. This results in the personalized care plan for each patient, leading to better outcomes.
THE FUTURE OF CANCER CARE IS HERE
TCI blends the most advanced technologies and breakthrough therapies under one roof led by experienced, fellowship trained high-volume specialists. TCI’s capabilities include:
Minimally Invasive Surgery Options - TCI specialists use minimally invasive techniques, including robotic-assisted surgery for a variety of cancers. TCI has the latest da Vinci Xi Surgical System providing breakthrough minimally invasive surgical capabilities that minimizes risk and has fewer complications, resulting in shorter hospital stays and faster recoveries.
Precision Medicine is What TCI is About - TCI offers disease treatment and prevention that considers individual variability in genes, environment, and lifestyle for each person. TCI offers:
- Hormone Therapy
- Chemotherapy, including cool cap chemo
- Ambulatory Infusion Center, complete with 36 infusion bays, skylight views and a rooftop garden
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Long Beach On The Rise: The Future of Health Care is at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center
- Radiation Therapy Company Hopes for Reversal of Fortune
- Company Gets FDA Clearance
- Cancer Prevention Awareness: Overall Cancer Mortality Numbers See Decline
- A Beam of Light Gives Hope to Cancer Patients
- Good Samaritan’s $100M Outpatient Project
- FDA Approves High-Dose Treatment