We are The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).
Our mission is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
LLS is at the forefront of the fight to cure cancer. We are the largest nonprofit dedicated to creating a world without blood cancers. Since 1949, we’ve invested more than $1.3 billion in groundbreaking research, pioneering many of today’s most innovative approaches.
The three pillars of our mission include:
Research - Since 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved 44 treatment options for patients diagnosed with blood cancers. LLS played a role in virtually all of these advancements.
Patient Support - We provided free information, support services and financial assistance to over 30,000 people last year, totaling over $72 million.
Policy & Advocacy - Our nationwide grassroots network of more than 100,000 volunteers advocates for state and federal policies that benefit patients.
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA IMPACT
Since 1957, LLS has invested over $156 million at leading California institutions like USC, UCLA, City of Hope, CalTech, Cedars Sinai, and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. Currently, there are $12 million in active research grants across Southern California.
In 2018, LLS provided direct financial support to patients in the Greater Los Angeles area, totaling over $1.2 million.
HELP US BEAT CANCER
We need your help in the fight against cancer. Volunteer. Donate. Participate. Advocate. Contact our California Southland Chapter about ways to get involved 310-846-4725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shannon Sullivan is Executive Director of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
For more information, visit lls.org.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Cancer May be Tough, but LLS is Tougher
- Corporate Citizenship & Giving Guide: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Cancer May be Tough – But LLS is Tougher
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: Join in the Fight Against Blood Cancers
- Cancer Awareness & Prevention: LLS NAMES “MAN AND WOMAN OF THE YEAR” FOR 2017
- Cancer Prevention Awareness: LLS Names “Man & Woman Of The Year” For 2019
- City of Hope Awarded $7.5 Million to Develop Therapies for Rare Blood Cancer
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: HEMATOLOGY