Caltius Structured Capital
SPECIALTY: $7 - $50 million junior debt and minority equity for middle market companies
Rick Shuart has been an integral member of Caltius Capital Management’s team since 1999. As a managing director of Calitus’ junior capital fund, Caltius Structured Capital, Rick is instrumental in all aspects of fundraising, business development, transaction structuring, due diligence and portfolio management. Caltius Structured Capital’s cumulative assets under management have increased from $43 million to $1.4 billion during his tenure. Applying his two decades of experience, Shuart derives creative, appropriate transaction structures for each client’s unique needs. His deep knowledge spans unitranche facilities, subordinated debt, and preferred and common equity investments. He structures deals to solve needs ranging from growth capital to shareholder redemptions, add-on acquisitions, shareholder dividends and refinancings. He builds rapport with prospective clients quickly and manages the due diligence process efficiently, including work performed by legal and accounting providers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Jim Upchurch
- Caltius Structured Capital Provides Growth Capital for Musculoskeletal Clinical Regulatory Advisers
- Jim Upchurch
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Anant Patel
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Michael Morgan
- Exchange-Traded Fund Garners Mutual Respect
- Firm Ends Up With Four Closings in Busy Market
- Most Influential Private Equity Investors & Advisors: Randy Wells