Sony, CSS Entertainment executives to lead Crackle Plus; Bird branches out; Tencent to distribute Activison’s “Call of Duty” mobile game
Crackle Plus, the new video streaming joint venture between Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment and Culver City-based Sony Pictures Television, announced Philippe Guelton as its new president. Guelton joined CSS Entertainment in January 2019 and will continue to serve as its executive vice president. Three former Sony Pictures Television executives — Tony Simon, Jason Schaeffer and Darren Olive — will also join the venture's executive team, Variety reports.
Santa Monica-based Bird Rides Inc. is branching out. The shared electric scooter company will add an electric moped to its fleet this summer. The new model is essentially an electric bike with optional pedals. The Verge reports the moped was designed by a third-party supplier and likely won’t top speeds of 30 miles per hour. Bird hasn’t yet said which markets its new electric vehicle will launch in first.
Activision Blizzard Inc.’s “Call of Duty” mobile game is being partially developed and distributed by Tencent Holdings Ltd., and the Chinese tech conglomerate hopes the game will boost its sales. Bloomberg reports Tencent will launch the game in the U.S., Latin America, and Europe and chose Santa Monica-based Activision Blizzard’s title because it is one of the best-selling game franchises ever.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report March 28: Toth Leaving CAA for Quibi
- Silicon Beach Report May 16: Quibi Seeks Additional $1 Billion
- Silicon Beach Report April 2: Lucid Sight Takes Home $6 Million
- Silicon Beach Report June 12: Bird Acquires Scoot
- Silicon Beach Report June 18: Elevate Secures $25 Million
- Silicon Beach Report March 19: Backstage Capital Backtracks
- Silicon Beach Report June 8: CapLinked Joins with Civic Technologies
- Silicon Beach Report June 21: Kairos Ventures Closes $24.6 Million First Fund