DR. HELEN EASTERLING WILLIAMS
Dean and Professor of GSEP
Helen Easterling Williams, EdD, is Dean of Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology (GSEP). Dr. Williams, a lifelong educator, has served three decades in higher education leadership. Prior to assuming her role at GSEP in August 2014, Dr. Williams was the president of Health Education & Welfare International, a firm that provides consultative services designed to improve the health, education, and welfare of individuals, faith-based organizations, higher education institutions, and elementary and secondary educational organizations.
Dr. Williams presides over GSEP’s seventeen academic programs at five different campuses. She is responsible for approximately 51 full time faculty, 300 adjunct faculty, 75 staff persons, and nearly 2000 students. She is also responsible for The Pepperdine Resource, Youth Diversion, and Education (PRYDE) Program.
Dr. Williams earned her bachelor’s degree in speech correction with a minor in biology from Jersey City State College, a master’s degree in speech and language pathology from Towson State University in Maryland, and a doctorate of education degree in educational leadership at the University of Delaware.
Dr. Williams has written articles and presented on topics such as K-12 education, international education, technology, and technology integration for teacher candidates. She is an American Council on Education Fellow (2004-2005) and a lifetime member of Delta Sigma Theta, Sorority, Inc. She is also an ordained elder in the African Methodist Episcopal Church serving presently at First A.M.E. Church in Los Angeles, California. She continues to serve as a beloved mentor to countless young men and women throughout the world.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Women's Summit 2017 Nominees: A Tradition of Excellence, Innovation, and Diversity
- UCLA Anderson Dean Judy Olian Stepping Down
- Women's Leadership Series 2020: Leadership Training Can Help in Times of Change
- Mosqueda Named Dean of USC’s Keck School of Medicine
- Leaders in Law: Pepperdine School of Law Responds to Shifting Demands of Legal Industry
- 2019 In-House Counsel Nominees: Cesely Westmoreland
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Nonprofit General Counsel of the Year
- Demand Up for M.S. Degrees