STEPHEN M. GARCIA
Garcia & Artigliere
Prior to founding Garcia & Artigliere, Stephen Garcia was trying criminal cases out of his office in Manhattan Beach when he took on an elder abuse case on behalf of a Hispanic family whose mother was being abused in a long-term health care facility. As a Hispanic lawyer, Garcia empathized with the family, who was being ignored by the facility because they didn’t speak English, and he knew he had to help. It was the first case he tried under the elder abuse statute, and he won. Given his strong desire to seek justice for these victims and many others, he refocused his practice to do just that.
Now, representing plaintiffs for more than 30 years in thousands of elder/dependent adult abuse, nursing home neglect and wrongful death cases, Garcia has served as counsel on behalf of consumers throughout the United States in matters resulting in more than $1.25 billion in settlements and jury verdicts.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Nursing Homes Facing Limits On Insurance for Elder Abuse
- Cracks at Comedy Store
- L.A. Firm Aiding Alaskan School District in Protest Case
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Vivian Lee Thoreen
- Mosqueda Named Dean of USC’s Keck School of Medicine
- Laura Mosqueda
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT RAHN
- WHO’S WHO IN LAW - KEN BARONSKY