Crowell & Moring LLP
From large corporations to leading institutions, clients turn to Crowell & Moring partner Emily T. Kuwahara to litigate their complex disputes. She has represented clients in appeals, class actions, government investigations, unfair competition actions, and breach of contract actions, resulting in satisfied clients and the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars. In September, she was recognized among the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s (NAPABA) 2018 Best Lawyers Under 40 for achieving prominence and distinction in her field.
Most notably, Kuwahara was part of a Crowell & Moring team that obtained several great results for The Regents of the University of California over the span of seven years. In a dispute relating to the licensing of compounds to treat prostate cancer, the team first obtained a summary judgment win for The Regents on breach of contract claims, followed by a bench trial win for declaratory relief, securing future payments of $32 million from the licensee, Medivation, Inc. to The Regents.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Belinda Martinez Vega
- LA 500: Noel Cohen
- Noel Cohen
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: KENT GOSS
- Leaders in Law Honorees - Attorney Awards: PAUL ROSEN
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Paul W. Sweeney, Jr.
- NOEL COHEN
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MARISSA M. DENNIS