TERRY B. BATES
Reed Smith LLP
Terry Bates is a litigation partner with Reed Smith’s Los Angeles’ office and has substantial first chair trial experience for both plaintiffs and defendants. He is a member of Reed Smith’s Complex Litigation Group where he serves as Deputy Practice Group Leader. He is also a member of Reed Smith’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee’s firm wide Advisory Board, having previously served as the Los Angeles Office Diversity Committee Partner engaged in assisting in the firm’s implementation of policies and practices designed to enhance diversity and inclusiveness, and a member of the Los Angeles Office Recruiting Committee, engaged in selecting new attorneys.
Bates has extensive litigation management and first chair trial experience in state and federal courts, managing cases from inception through trial, as well as parachuting in during the final stages of litigation to negotiate settlements or take matters to trial. His recent trial verdicts include a defense verdict following a seven-day jury trial in 2017 and a plaintiff $5.76 million verdict in 2018.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Amber Finch
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ATTORNEYS
- Diversity & Inclusion Summit: JOHN IINO
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: EKWAN RHOW
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: MIKE MADOKORO
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: DAVID GRAELER
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stacie Yee
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: JANET H. KWUON