Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
Scott Commerson is a litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP. He has a diverse litigation practice focused on prosecuting and defending trademark infringement, false advertising, and trade secret misappropriation claims. In addition to intellectual property litigation, he also regularly defends companies in class actions brought under California’s consumer protection and unfair competition laws.
Commerson represents clients in state and federal courts and arbitration tribunals across the country. He has won numerous dispositive motions, and has litigated cases through trial, arbitration, and appeal. Some of his victories over the past several years include obtaining a preliminary injunction on behalf of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences enjoining the auction of Whitney Houston’s Emmy statuette; and obtaining summary judgment on claims that the use of the IPANEMA trademark for sandals by a Brazilian multinational footwear manufacturer infringed the plaintiff’s use of the IPANEMA trademark for swimwear.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VALERIE GOO
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: KELLI SAGER
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: CAMILO ECHAVARRIA
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stephen Y. Ma
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Julie Capell
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: LINDA M. BURROW
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MARK LITVACK