Vivien K. Burt • UCLA Health System
Vivien Burt, M.D., Ph.D is a psychiatrist practicing in Westwood and Long Beach. She has more than 20 years of experience in adult and reproductive psychiatry. She is a Professor of Psychiatry in the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, and Founder and Director of The Women’s Life Center of the Resnick UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital. Dr. Burt has authored numerous articles and book chapters in the field of women’s psychiatry and has lectured both nationally and internationally on the subjects of mood disorders and women’s mental health and has provided expert testimony in the area of women’s mental health. She is the first author of The Clinical Manual for Women’s Mental Health, published by the American Psychiatric Press. In 2008, in recognition of her work in women’s mental health, she was awarded the Andre Boivin Professorship of the Motherisk Program of The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Mental Health Awareness: New Processing Technique Helps Researchers Use Electronic Health Records to Study Biological Contributors to Mental Illnesses
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: JENNY KIM
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Peter C. Whybrow
- Wait for Psychiatrists Can Test Patients
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Michael Agress
- David Feinberg: Rewritten Rx