Tanya Barauskas Dorff • City of Hope
Tanya Barauskas Dorff, M.D., is an associate clinical professor in the Department of Medical Oncology & Therapeutics Research and serves as head of the genitourinary cancers program at City of Hope. She is an internationally recognized leader in prostate cancer, and is renowned for her work in other genitourinary tumor types, including kidney, bladder and penile cancer. Dr. Dorff’s research interests in prostate cancer are wide ranging. In the area of clinical trials, she has been heavily involved in the design and conduct of trials related to PSA-recurrent prostate cancer. Dr. Dorff leads City of Hope’s joint effort with the Prostate Cancer Foundation to develop novel immune-based strategies for prostate cancer. Specifically, she leads an effort to develop chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells – cells that are primed to target prostate cancer tissue. These strategies have been transformative in certain blood-based cancers.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: SUMANTA KUMAR PAL
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ONCOLOGY
- Arie Belldegrun, MD
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Laleh Melstrom
- HOT SPOTS---Biotech Hot Spots Spread Across Map of Los Angeles
- UCLA Launches First-of-Its-Kind Stem Cell Trial to Combat Cancer
- Los Angeles' Top Doctors: Ann Mohrbacher