Peter C. Whybrow • UCLA
Dr. Peter C. Whybrow, physician-in-chief of Stewart and Lynda Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UCLA, is also the executive chair of the Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and director of the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. An international authority on depression, manic-depressive disease and the effects of thyroid hormones on the brain and human behavior, Dr. Whybrow has lectured widely across the United States and Europe. He is a founding member and fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American College of Psychiatrists and the American Psychiatric Association. Born in England, Dr. Whybrow received his training in endocrinology and psychiatry in London and North Carolina. He was a member of the scientific staff of the British Medical Research Council before coming to the United States to join the faculty of Dartmouth Medical School as chairman of psychiatry, and later as executive dean.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Vivien K. Burt
- Resnicks Step Out as Leading LACMA Sponsors
- UCLA Receives $25 Million Gift for Parkinson’s Research
- A Look Ahead: What’s on the agenda for Los Angeles business in the coming week
- LA 500: Stewart Resnick
- UCLA’s Hammer Renovation Receives $30M Gift from Resnicks
- Resnicks Donate Additional $2.4M to Food Law Center at UCLA School of Law