Mike Y. Chen • City of Hope
A prolific researcher, talented physician and board-certified neurosurgeon, Mike Y. Chen, M.D., Ph.D., has been on the City of Hope team since 2007. Dr. Chen specializes in complex operations for the removal of brain and spine tumors. He also frequently treats benign and degenerative conditions of the spine for City of Hope patients. As a contributor to the advancement of neurosurgery, Dr. Chen devises new surgical techniques, works with medical device companies to design new tools and teaches procedures to other surgeons. He received his education at Johns Hopkins University, Pennsylvania State University, Thomas Jefferson University, and Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virginia. He did his fellowship at National Institutes of Health, Surgical Neurology Branch and completed his residency at Virginia Commonwealth University Health System.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Steve Vasilev
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Mehdi Kebria
- Top Doctors in Los Angeles: SUN LEE
- A Beam of Light Gives Hope to Cancer Patients
- Health Care Leadership Forum & Awards 2018: DR. TODD LANMAN
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- Scientists Explore Ketamine as Tool to Fight Depression