John S. Yu • Cedars-Sinai
John S. Yu, MD, is an internationally renowned neurosurgeon specializing in the treatment of malignant and benign tumors of the brain and spine. He is an expert in the use of radiation therapy and radiosurgery to stop the progression of tumors, and he leads research in immunotherapy, gene therapy, and bone marrow-derived neural stem cells as new approaches to treating tumors. Dr. Yu’s research experience dates back to the early 1980s when he was in the Honors research program at Stanford and a student of French literature and biology at the Universite de Paris and Institut Pasteur, where he conducted research in the Department of Immunology. For the past decade has been awarded National Institutes of Health grants for his work to find new ways to undermine gliomas and glioblastoma multiforme.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: NEUROLOGY
- Top Doctors Los Angeles: Mike Y. Chen
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
- National Academy of Medicine Taps UCLA Neurosurgeon
- A Beam of Light Gives Hope to Cancer Patients
- EXODUS---Defection of the Docs
- City of Hope Wins $13 Million Grant to Fight Aggressive Brain Cancer
- Kite Adds Production in Europe