Specialized electronic manufacturer and designer OSI Systems Inc. announced Jan. 22 it had landed an $11 million contract to build an explosive detection system for an undisclosed European airport.
The Hawthorne-based company said it security division will provide “multiple units” of their proprietary real-time imaging, RTT 110, which uses high-resolution 3-D imaging to inspect baggage and cargo.
"We are pleased to receive this order and look forward to expanding our CT hold baggage inspection system installed base at European airports," said Chairman and CEO, Deepak Chopra, in a statement.
The announcement comes ahead of the company’s second quarter conference call on Jan. 23. The company has a $1.3 billion market cap.
Manufacturing, retail and trade reporter Rachel Uranga can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 549-5225 ext. 251. Follow her on Twitter @racheluranga
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- OSI LandsS $11M Contract
- OSI Reports $303M in Q2 Revenue
- OSI Systems Gets $10 Million Contract
- Detection Technology Firm Acquires Competitor in Bid to Expand Offerings
- OSI Systems Lands $13 Million Contract for Airport Screening Devices
- OSI Systems Gets $5 Million Rail Contract
- OSI Systems Lands $15 Million Airport Contract
- OSI Capitalizing on Terror Concerns