With over 25 years of experience, Whitney Dorn is a “DPR lifer” joining DPR right after graduating from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. She spent the first 15 years of her career in operations. In 2008, she began leading DPR’s sustainability initiative to help customers develop and implement the best strategies through experienced people, a collaborative methodology, and custom tools to address the triple bottom line: environmental, social and economic. After five years of educating customers and DPR teams about building sustainable structures, Dorn transitioned back to an operations role as a project executive. She has since worked on notable projects, including a wireless phone company’s headquarters, Torrey Pines Science Park and a 73-acre corporate campus project in Irvine, and is currently working on a new hotel development project in Oceanside. Since 2003, she has been mentoring youths through the San Diego ACE Mentor program, and in 2018 took over as chairwoman for the chapter.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- The Most Influential Wealth Managers In Los Angeles: DONALD L. SCHWARZ
- Women in Construction & Design: Kim Grant
- OUTSTANDING Women in Construction & DESIGN: KIM GRANT
- Spotlight on Executive Education: Cal Poly Pomona’s College of the Extended University Provides Flexible Learning Opportunities
- Women of Influence, Construction & Design: Christina Delgado
- LABJ forum: Hiring New College Grads?
- Thriving In Their 40's: Emily Loupee
- Women in Construction & Design: Heather Nielsen