Instapage and Nfusz partner; Neftlix sued for $25 Million; Netease continues publishing for Blizzard.
Chinese internet giant NetEase made a deal with Activision Blizzard Inc. Jan. 11 to continue their publishing contract until 2023. NetEase publishes several Activision Blizzard titles (some of which are e-sports) including “Overwatch,” “World of Warcraft” and “Diablo III.” Blizzard announced last year that it would expand its work with NetEase to include game development, beginning with the “Diablo” franchise. Currently, the Chinese game industry is worth about $30 billion, according to VentureBeat.
Hollywood-headquartered sales intelligence software outfit Nfusz Inc. announced Jan. 11 it entered a strategic partnership with Instapage Inc., based in San Francisco, to bring Nfusz’s interactive video tools to Instapage’s web page, the Business Journal reports. According to Instapage, its web landing pages and ad optimization boosts sales above 22 percent.
Chooseco, publishers of the popular “Choose Your Own Adventure” books, is requesting $25 million in damages from Hollywood-based Netflix Inc. because of its new interactive film “Bandersnatch.” According to Engadget, a legal complaint filed by Chooseco hinges on one scene in the film where a character references one of the company’s books. Additionally, the “dark and violent themes” of the “Bandersnatch” are “tarnishing, denigrating, and diluting” Choosesco’s brand, the company said.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 2: Activision Appoints New CFO
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 31: Clutter Considers $200 Million Raise
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 18: Netflix Releases Q4 Earnings
- Activision Signs Toy Licensing Deal
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 31: Subscription App Sales Soar
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 6: Blizzard Reveals Details of Upcoming Overwatch League Season
- Nfusz Inc. Enters Partnership With Instapage
- Activision Blizzard First Quarter Earnings Surpass Expectations