A joint venture between Tutor Perini Corp. and O&G Industries Inc. has received a notice of intent to award a $1.4 billion contract for the construction on Metro’s Purple Line Extension in Westwood.
Sylmar-based Tutor Perini said the company will build the new Westwood/UCLA station and the Westwood/VA Hospital station. The company is currently performing design work on the companion Purple Line Extension Section 3 Tunnels project, awarded last year, which will build the tunnels and related systems to connect the stations.
Connecticut-based construction company O&G is the other partner in Tutor Perini/O&G Joint Venture, which won the contract from the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority, or Metro.
The new contract’s value will be included in the company’s first quarter 2019 backlog.
Shares of Tutor Perini (TPC) closed Monday up 48 cents, or 2.8 percent, to $17.47 on the New York Stock Exchange.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Tutor Perini Lands $1.4B Rail Contract
- Fresh Funding for Metro Purple Line
- Metro Purple Line Westwood Segment Awarded $100 Million Federal Grant
- Contractor Will Ride Rail With $1.4 Billion Deal
- Tutor Perini Awarded Contract for Wilshire Subway Extension; Gold Line Extension Completion Pushed Back
- Tutor Perini Lands $800M Rail Contract With C.S. McCrossan
- Tutor Perini Tapped for $800M Rail Contract
- Purple Line Is on Track