Keck Medicine of USC announced Feb. 12 it will acquire Los Angeles Cardiology Associates, a cardiovascular care group with eight locations across Greater Los Angeles, for an undisclosed sum.
The Boyle Heights-based health care system said it will acquire the group effective Feb. 24, adding 11 physicians to its roster of faculty cardiologists. The doctors primarily focus on interventional cardiology, non-invasive cardiology and electrophysiology.
“These physicians are among Los Angeles’ best heart specialists and complement the tertiary and quaternary care” – the most advanced form of health care – “at our academic medical center,” said Tom Jackiewicz, chief executive of Keck Medicine.
“We are pleased to offer their patients access to the highly specialized care, clinical trials and innovative treatments that a university-based health system offers.”
Los Angeles Cardiology Associate, founded in 1985 by Dr. David S. Cannom, is an affiliate of Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute with locations downtown, Beverly Grove, Monterey Park, Palmdale, Lancaster and in Riverside and San Bernardino counties, according to its website.
Keck Medicine of USC includes Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and more than 40 health clinics across Southern California.
Health business reporter Dana Bartholomew can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @_DanaBart.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- KECK ACQUIRES CARDIOLOGY GROUP
- THOMAS JACKIEWICZ
- TOP DOCTORS LOS ANGELES: CARDIOLOGY
- UCLA Opens Heart Practice Downtown in Advance of Planned Full Health Clinic
- Keck Graduate Institute Announces Plans for New Claremont Colleges Medical School
- UCLA OPENS HEART PRACTICE IN DTLA
- CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center Launches New Eye Care and Research Institute
- Mosqueda Named Dean of USC’s Keck School of Medicine