VIVIAN LEE THOREEN
Executive Partner, Chair of Private Wealth Services Dispute Resolution Team
Holland & Knight LLP
Holland & Knight’s Private Wealth Services practice is among the largest such practices in the United States. Vivian Lee Thoreen is the executive partner of Holland & Knight’s Los Angeles office and chairs the firm’s national Private Wealth Services Dispute Resolution Team. She has been first chair in numerous high-value and high-profile estate and fiduciary disputes.
Thoreen represented the late actor Mickey Rooney and his court-appointed conservator and executor in an elder abuse action against Rooney’s stepson and stepson’s wife that garnered national media attention. As a result of the Rooney case, Holland & Knight’s Trusts, Private Wealth Services Dispute Resolution Team founded The Mickey Rooney Elder Abuse Pro Bono Project, which helps protect senior citizens from becoming victims of financial abuse. Thoreen served on the board of governors of the Southern California Korean American Bar Association and is an active member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Los Angeles-Based Firm Banks On British Capital
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Karl J. Lott
- Newsmakers & Kudos
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Stephen M. Garcia
- Women's Council & Awards 2018: Finalist - Lucie Barron
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Terri Hilliard
- Leaders in Law 2018 Winners: HealthCare Firm Attorney of the Year - Gerry Hinkley
- Quinn Emanuel Goes International With Office in Japan