PAUL W. SWEENEY, JR.
K&L Gates LLP
Paul Sweeney’s practice focuses on complex business disputes, both individual and class action, involving breach of contract, unfair business practices, false advertising, consumer fraud, trade regulation, and privacy violations. He recently won a motion to dismiss a class action complaint on behalf of clients Starbucks and PepsiCo, in a nationwide consumer class action alleging that Starbucks Doubleshot ready-to-drink beverages do not contain two shots of Starbucks brand espresso and, consequently, the products are falsely advertised. The decision is shaping the law of false advertising and consumer deception.
In July 2017, he obtained a major victory for Compass Group, USA in Los Angeles federal court. The judge granted a motion for summary judgment in favor of Compass and The Hershey Company in an action alleging antitrust violations, unfair competition, and intentional interference with contract. The case is one of the few price discrimination cases decided under the California Cartwright Act where there is a written judicial decision.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Sascha Henry
- Lease Dispute Leads to Massive Dealer Lawsuit
- DOUGLAS THOMPSON
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Paul S. Chan
- Headlines From Thursday's Papers
- 2019 Leaders in Law Honorees: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- 2019 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: PAUL CHAN