FRED A. ROWLEY, JR.
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
Fred A. Rowley, Jr., who is Filipino American, stands apart from his peers as a legal advocate and thought leader in the legal profession. Consistently ranked as a leading appellate lawyer in multiple publications, Rowley is a member of the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers. He is a former Assistant United States Attorney in the Central District of California, where he handled criminal appeals. During the last 12-18 months, Rowley has won several important cases – including scoring a legal trifecta in the July/August 2018 timeframe, in which he won major appeals in the California Supreme Court as well as the Second and Ninth Circuits.
Not only were Rowley’s victories important to the firm’s clients, but they also involved vastly different industries and areas of the law. To prevail, Rowley had to demonstrate both persuasive lawyering and deep technical mastery of several distinct sets of issues. These are skills he has developed in arguing more than 50 appeals and serving as lead counsel in many more.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Diversity & Inclusion - Building a Diverse Team Panel: Mira Hashmall
- Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Kim Watterson
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: DAVID K. SCHULTZ
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: RICHARD J. DOREN
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: TERRENCE M. FRANKLIN
- Increasing Appeal
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: Women Lawyers in Nepal Exchange Professional Experience with Peers U.S., Canada and Australia