ELLISEN S. TURNER
Irell & Manella LLP
One of the few African-American leaders of an Am Law 200 firm, Ellisen Turner, former managing partner of Irell & Manella LLP, maintains a robust practice focused on intellectual property law, with an emphasis on patent litigation and IP transactions. Along with his dedication to client work, he has long been involved in recommending strategies and initiatives geared at advancing minorities in the firm and the legal profession.
Turner has helped clients secure victories in patent litigations that have led to more than $5 billion in total client compensation. An IP strategist who combines business acumen with a deep understanding of the law in the field, he has completed more than $600 million in patent licenses and IP transactions this year alone. Among his work, Turner lead a team that represented Technicolor in the July 2018 sale of its patent licensing business to InterDigital, Inc. for a total valuation of $475 million, including an upfront payment of $150 million.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Ellisen Turner
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Ellisen Turner
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEYS
- Thriving In Their 40's: Ellisen Turner
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Annita Zhong
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: ANDREI IANCU
- Thriving In Their 40's: Keith Orso
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: MORGAN CHU