El Segundo motion picture and video game producer Wonderstorm Inc., founded by three former Riot Games Inc. leaders, has raised $3.6 million in financing, according to an Aug. 23 Securities and Exchange Commission filing.
Wonderstorm President Justin Santistevan said the funds come from Madison Wells Media, a Century City-based media and entertainment company whose chief executive is billionaire Gigi Pritzker.
Wonderstorm develops a mix of video games and motion picture content. In September, its fantasy animated series "Dragon Prince" debuted on Netflix Inc.'s streaming service. The company is now developing a video game inspired by the series' story and characters.
Wonderstorm was incorporated in 2016 by Santistevan, Justin Richmond and Aaron Ehasz, who worked previously as department heads at Riot Games — the company behind the popular "League of Legends" multiplayer video game.
Media and entertainment reporter Matthew Blake can be reached at (323) 556-8332 or email@example.com. Follow him at @mattpennyblake.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Signs of Change at Riot
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 12: LeEco Building Plant to Be Used By Faraday Future in China
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 19: Riot Games’ Latest Venture is Books
- What Kind of Game Are They Playing?
- Rick Fox Sued by Echo Fox Partners
- Immortals Raises $30M, Buys Brazilian Company
- Katzenberg’s WndrCo Raises $1B for Short-Form Video Platform NewTV
- Legal Battle for Echo Fox