Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
Carolyn Toto, a Pillsbury Intellectual Property litigation partner in Los Angeles, advises technology industry leaders on all aspects of IP litigation, strategic prosecution and portfolio management, and licensing. She has successfully resolved patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright infringement cases through jury trial, on appeal and by negotiated settlement.
Toto has obtained patent and trademark protection for clients in various industries, including healthcare, robotics, consumer products, chemical manufacturing, and restaurant services, in jurisdictions worldwide. Well-versed in the legal issues involving social media, content distribution and advertising, Toto co-leads the firm’s Internet and Social Media team. She led a Pillsbury team on behalf of In-N-Out Burgers against Smashburger in a trademark infringement and false advertising suit. She also represents King Taco Restaurant, Inc., a long-established Mexican restaurant chain founded in 1974, in a federal trademark and unfair competition suit against a competing restaurant.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Carolyn Toto
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: EVAN FINKEL
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: VALERIE GOO
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: IRENE Y. LEE
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: IRENE Y. LEE
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Irene Lee
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Irene Y. Lee
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Irene Y. Lee