Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
Arjun Rao has built a national reputation for handling high stakes consumer class actions and financial services litigation including regulatory matters and government investigations, as well as defending companies in a wide range of actions. This past year he has worked with JPMorgan Chase, HSBC, Discover, Capital One, American Express and BMW Financial Services in a range of individual and class actions relating to various consumer protection statutes and alleged unfair business practices.
Rao is lead defense counsel and nationwide coordinating counsel for multiple financial services companies in cases involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. The cases have been filed throughout the country asserting that lenders improperly contacted their customers on their cellular telephones using autodialers and/or artificial or pre-recorded messages. In these cases, Rao is litigating cutting-edge issues regarding the statute's construction and the consequences of various implementing regulations.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Arjun Rao
- Top Minority Attorney's in Los Angeles: ARJUN RAO
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers - ARJUN RAO
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JULIA B. STRICKLAND
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JULIA B. STRICKLAND
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Albert Giang
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Julia B. Strickland
- Attorney Hopes to Make Case as Content Producer