Steven E. Bledsoe
Larson O'Brien LLP
Steven E. Bledsoe is a senior partner and trial lawyer at the litigation boutique Larson O'Brien LLP. He was previously an equity partner at Kirkland & Ellis and Arent Fox. After nearly 30 years in private practice, his trial experience rivals the most veteran Los Angeles litigators.
In 2019, Bledsoe served as trial counsel with his partner Stephen G. Larson, in the matter Colonial Chevrolet v. USA, US Court of Federal Claims, a decade-old lawsuit by 300 local car dealers who argue that they are entitled to payment under the Fifth Amendment’s takings clause for the market value of the businesses lost during the government’s 2009 bailout of Chrysler and General Motors. The plaintiffs argued that the Treasury Department’s restructuring required the auto companies to terminate more than 2,200 dealerships, instead of liquidating. The trial represented the culmination of three suits filed between 2010 and 2012 and later consolidated.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: STEPHEN G. LARSON
- Robert C. O'Brien
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- STEPHEN G. LARSON
- White-Collar Career Takes Off for Ex-Navy Pilot
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- PETER STRIS
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Koren Bell