Partner - Chair of Litigation Practice
Irell & Manella LLP
Morgan Chu of Irell & Manella has secured a string of the world’s largest — and in some cases precedent-setting — verdicts, judgments and settlements, resulting in actual payments totaling more than $5 billion. He has been described by clients as, “beyond doubt the most gifted trial lawyer in the USA — who “delivers staggering results.”
Continuing his winning streak, in July 2018, Chu convinced the Federal Circuit to side with Irell client NantKwest in a 7-4 en banc decision, rejecting the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s position that applicants who appeal to a district court must pay for the agency’s legal bills, regardless of who wins or loses. In another significant matter, in February 2018, Chu secured a favorable confidential settlement in a multi-patent action pending before the International Trade Commission and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators in Los Angeles: MORGAN CHU
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: MORGAN CHU
- LA 500: Morgan Chu
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Intellectual Property Attorney of the Year
- Leaders in Law 2018 Firm Attorney of the Year Finalists: Marc Fenster
- Judging the Lawyers- Intellectual Property
- Century City Law Firm Stakes Ground in Intellectual Property