Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Kimberly Branscome is a highly regarded trial lawyer with a proven ability to provide effective counseling in crisis situations. Armed with a particular emphasis in mass tort litigation, she has served as lead trial counsel in a number of high-profile, bet-the-company cases, such as representing BP in Deepwater Horizon litigation; multistate ignition switch litigation on behalf of GM; and most recently, representing 3M in multi-district litigation involving earplugs.
Branscome served as a lead trial counsel in product liability litigation associated with Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Powder. In November 2018, Branscome obtained an important trial victory for J&J in the Superior Court of California. After two days of deliberation over plaintiff’s claims she had become sick using the product, the jury returned a unanimous verdict in favor of J&J, finding that Johnson’s Baby Powder performed safely and did not cause the plaintiff’s disease.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Kimberly Branscome
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Kimberly Branscome
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Susan Gutierrez
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Arwen Johnson
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Michele J. Beilke
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CRAIG J. MARIAM
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- THOMAS HILL
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: TAMMY A. TSOUMAS