Accident during SpaceX capsule test; Gutentag resigns; Snap’s cash flow analyzed
Eyal Gutentag, chief marketing officer at Santa Monica-based job search platform ZipRecruiter Inc., has resigned amid allegations of sexual misconduct at a previous job. According to Buzzfeed, Gutentag was involved in an alleged sexual battery incident while working at Uber Technologies Inc. in 2015. Gutentag called reports of the incident “obvious lies” but resigned April 19. No replacement for Gutentag has been named yet.
Hawthorne-based SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft capsule was destroyed during a test launch accident April 21. During a routine test of the unmanned capsule, an “anomaly” was discovered, prompting an overload of the super thrusters attached to the capsule. SpaceX’s capsule is now unusable, rendering a large material loss for the company, according to ArsTechnica.
Santa Monica-based social messaging firm Snap Inc. is again the subject of speculation about its finances. Just months after the Los Angeles Times said the company “was quickly running out of money,” the Financial Times reported on April 19 that Snap has three years to become cash-flow neutral or it will have to raise additional funds. Competition from social media giants like Facebook Inc. has created difficulties for Snap, which has 186 million daily active users but has yet to become profitable.
Tech reporter Samson Amore can be reached at email@example.com or (323) 556-8335. Follow him on Twitter @samsonamore
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report April 25: Wavemaker Invests in Savonix
- Silicon Beach Report Aug. 14: Snapchat Gives Creators AR Power
- Silicon Beach Report March 8: Rogue Co. Rakes in $1.25 Million
- Silicon Beach Report July 15: FX Plus Shut Down by Disney
- Silicon Beach Report March 4: SpaceX Crew Dragon Reaches Space Station
- Silicon Beach Report April 4: Snap Gets Into Gaming
- Silicon Beach Report Feb. 25: NASA Approves Dragon Vehicle
- Silicon Beach Report June 5: Atom Tickets COO Joins EZTexting Board