Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman
UC Hastings College of Law
Carolyn Toto, a Pillsbury Intellectual Property partner in Los Angeles, advises technology industry leaders on all aspects of IP litigation, strategic prosecution and portfolio management, and licensing. She has successfully resolved patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright infringement cases through jury trial, on appeal and by negotiated settlement. Toto has obtained patent and trademark protection for clients in various industries, including healthcare, robotics, consumer products, chemical manufacturing, and restaurant services, in jurisdictions worldwide. Well-versed in the legal issues involving social media, content distribution and advertising, Toto co-leads the firm’s Internet and Social Media team and manages and writes for the firm’s Social Media & Games Law Blog. Among her recent matters, Toto successfully led a Pillsbury team on behalf of In-N-Out Burgers against Smashburger. For patent and trademark prosecution work, she represents, among others, King Taco, Daiso California, Xerox Corp., Nando’s, and Motorcar Parts of America, Inc.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CAROLYN TOTO
- The Most Influential Intellectual Property Attorneys In Los Angeles: EVAN FINKEL
- Top Minority Attorneys in Los Angeles: IRENE Y. LEE
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Irene Lee
- Top Women Attorneys in Los Angeles: Irene Y. Lee
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Irene Y. Lee
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Irene Lee
- Women Of Influence : Attorneys - Irene Lee