Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
New York University School of Law
Theane Evangelis has played a lead role in a wide range of high profile, groundbreaking litigation matters. She is Co-Chair of the Class Actions Practice Group and Vice Chair of the Firm’s California Appellate Practice Group and is a prominent member of the firm’s premier appellate practice and class actions practice. She joined Gibson Dunn after serving as a law clerk to Justice Sandra Day O’Connor during October Term 2004. Among her highlight cases have been securing complete victory for Grubhub in a first-of-its-kind gig economy trial; securing decertification of class in a major victory for Uber; securing 95% reduction of a $454 million verdict against Kimberly-Clark and Halyard Health; and defending DoorDash and Postmates in numerous gig-economy suits. She has also obtained complete victory, including reversal of a $126 million judgment, in 24-year-old breach-of-contract and FCA Cases. Evangelis also serves on the board of the California Women’s Law Center.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: THEANE EVANGELIS
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Debra Wong Yang
- Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- LA 500: Theodore J. Boutrous Jr.
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: DEBRA WONG YANG
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: ELENA BACA
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Julia B. Strickland
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Marcellus McRae