Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP
Loyola Law School
Melissa Daugherty is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois. She is a vice chair of the firm’s nationwide, 150-attorney Labor & Employment Practice and chair of its ADA Compliance & Defense Practice. In 2017, Daugherty became one of the youngest women ever selected as an Equity Partner at the firm. In that same year, she gave birth to her third child. In the past 18 months, she has expanded her practice dramatically, growing the ADA Compliance & Defense Practice nationwide to 17 attorneys and building a team in Los Angeles of six attorneys (including one partner) operating under her direction exclusively on her matters. She has accomplished all this while raising three children under the age of four years old. The firm’s ADA Compliance & Defense Practice has built a strong nationwide reputation under Daugherty’s leadership.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: ENVIRONMENTAL ATTORNEYS
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Jana Lubert
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: JANA LUBERT
- ROBERT LEWIS
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: CRAIG HOLDEN
- Modest Practice, Flashy Growth
- Timothy R. Graves
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: JULIA B. STRICKLAND