Sidley Austin LLP
USC Gould School of Law
A much-honored first-chair trial lawyer, Lisa Gilford has throughout a distinguished 25-year career successfully represented companies and organizations in high-stakes litigations encompassing class actions, products liability law, regulatory and enforcement matters, and jury trials. She advises clients in arbitrations and mediations and has argued numerous evidentiary and injunctive relief hearings. Her recent work reflects her formidable skills in advising on complex disputes whose every development is scrutinized by the media: the NBA in a wrongful death case; the University of North Carolina in student-athlete class actions and a constitutional challenge to affirmative action; a robotic surgical systems manufacturer; and the world’s leading music company in a copyright termination class action. She is particularly adept at handling matters with scientific or technical aspects, and frequently works with and prepares engineers, physicians, computer scientists, economists and other technical experts for deposition and trial.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- 2020 Leaders in Law Finalists: Litigation Attorney of the Year
- Minority Leaders Of Influence, Attorneys: Lisa Gilford
- Most Influential Minority Attorneys: Lisa Gilford
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: LISA GILFORD
- LISA GILFORD
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers: SCOTT A. EDELMAN
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- SCOTT A. EDELMAN
- Leaders of Influence: Litigators & Trial Lawyers- PERRIE WEINER