DAMARIS L. MEDINA
Suffolk University Law School
Damaris Medina is a Shareholder in Buchalter’s Los Angeles office. She is Chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Practice and a member of the firm’s Litigation and Health Care Practice Groups. She also serves on the firm’s Recruiting and Women@Buchalter committees. Medina represents hospital systems and a diverse array of other health care clients in high stakes litigation in federal and state court, as well as in arbitration. She has successfully litigated numerous large exposure reimbursement cases against major health plans and recovered millions of dollars on behalf of health care providers. Her clients turn to her for strategic counsel and her in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry. She also advises hospital systems and other health care providers on managed care contracting, revenue cycle strategies, and risk and compliance issues. Medina routinely defends providers against both private and government payor audits, as well as in false claims act cases brought by federal and state agencies.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women Attorneys: DAMARIS MEDINA
- Leaders in Law Finalists - Attorney Awards: HEALTHCARE ATTORNEYS
- MOST INFLUENTIAL MINORITY ATTORNEYS: CHERYL M. LOTT
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Randye Soref
- Most Influential Women Lawyers: Theane Evangelis
- JENNIFER ROMANO
- Leaders in Law Finalists - ATTORNEY AWARDS: LITIGATION ATTORNEYS
- Health Care Reform Spurs Provider to Turn Private