WiredScore lands $9 million Series A; Activision Blizzard hires Faries from the NFL; Branson exits post on Virgin Hyperloop One board
Commercial real estate ratings firm WiredScore Inc. raised $9 million in an Oct. 22 Series A round led by Venice-based private equity firm Fifth Wall Ventures. The Business Journal reports that WiredScore evaluates wireless connectivity in commercial infrastructure, and reports 45 buildings in Los Angeles which have passed its criteria evaluation.
Virgin Hyperloop One, based in downtown, will soon have a new chair of its board following the Oct. 22 departure of Sir Richard Branson, according to Socaltech. No reason was given for Branson’s departure, but Socaltech notes that Virgin Hyperloop One recently lost an investment deal with Saudi Arabia after Branson visited the Saudi Arabian consulate and criticized the Saudi government’s alleged role in the murder of journalist Jamal Kashoggi. Branson, who leads Virgin Galactic, became chairman of the Hyperloop One board in December.
Former National Football League Vice President of Marketing and Business Development Johanna Faries is Activision Blizzard Inc.’s new head of product for “Call of Duty” e-sports. After spearheading mentorship and diversity initiatives and marketing for the NFL for 11 years, Faries will oversee business operations for the “Call of Duty” world e-sports league, run from Activision Blizzard’s headquarters in Santa Monica. VentureBeat reports the first “Call of Duty” world league event has a $6 million prize purse and competition begins on Dec. 7 in Las Vegas.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Activision Blizzard Plans E-Sports League with City-Based Teams
- Hyperloop One Taps Transit Vet
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 12: Hyperloop One Becomes ‘Virgin Hyperloop One’ with Investment from Virgin Group
- Virgin Hyperloop One Elects Former N.Y. Transit Chief as New CEO
- Silicon Beach Report July 12: Activision Blizzard Inc. Launches Pro League for Overwatch
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 12: Greycroft Leads Happiest Baby Series B
- Robert Kotick
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 7: InSight Rover Begins Mars Analysis