Maryellen Sebold is a Partner in RSM’s Financial Investigations and Dispute Advisory Services practice. She is a Certified Public Accountant, a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor, and has a certificate in Financial Forensics. She has more than 29 years of experience in the areas of forensic accounting and fraud investigations, litigation consulting, bankruptcy, and corporate restructuring.
Sebold has led teams in the development of strategies specific to complex financial fraud matters and internal investigations of public and private companies. She has performed investigations into allegations of fraud and mismanagement, misappropriation of assets, Ponzi schemes, and financial statement irregularities, as well as evaluating alter-ego issues. Her expertise extends to calculating economic damages, lost profits, shareholder and partnership claims and investor disputes. She has been designated as an expert witness and has testified in numerous trials, depositions and arbitrations, applying her specialized knowledge to financial disputes in a wide range of industries, including construction, entertainment, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing and real estate.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Kelley Gastineau
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: CORAL HANSEN
- Leaders of Influence Private Equity Advisors - JIM DAVIDSON
- Former FBI Agent Now Hunts for Cooked Books
- Experienced Investigator Bringing His Skills to Deloitte
- Greater Scrutiny Creates Room For Specialists, Boutique Firms
- World of Accounting Lures Teacher to Big City