Marilyn Thompson joined Windes in 1982 and is a partner in the firm’s Audit & Assurance Services department. She leads the firm’s ERISA audit practice providing audit and consulting services to employee benefit plans of private, public, and nonprofit plan sponsors, including 401(k), 403(b), profit-sharing, defined benefit, ESOP, and health and welfare plans. Thompson’s practice also includes providing audit, assurance, and consulting services to private companies in the manufacturing and distribution, professional service, and construction sectors.
Thompson is responsible for the personnel matters within the Audit and Assurance Department. This includes overseeing the coaching, performance reviews, promotions and salary administration of the audit staff and general counseling, as needed. She also participates in on-campus recruiting activities, firm recruiting events and in-house interviews for audit entry level and lateral hires. She coaches and mentors professional staff, as assigned or selected, and is an active participant in the Women in Leadership program at Windes.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Influential Women in Accounting: SUSAN LAPUTZ
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DARCY WILSON-JONES
- Most Influential Women in Accounting 2019: Renee Ordeneaux
- Most Influential Minority CPAs: KIMBERLY HUSAIN PALACIOS
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DONELLA WILSON
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Darcy Wilson-Jones
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: MICHELLE KERRICK
- Women Of Influence Accounting: Christy Woods