Boring Co. test tunnel nears completion; Lime decides on physical outpost; iHeartMedia to honor podcasts in 2019
The first iHeartRadio Podcast Awards will be held by iHeartMedia Inc. for a live audience at the iHeartRadio Theater in Burbank Jan. 18. The Hollywood Reporter notes the podcasts nominated for awards included Chicago Public Media’s “Serial” and “The Daily” from the New York Times. One of iHeart’s most recent podcast acquisitions, “Stuff You Should Know” is also up for an award.
Neutron Holdings Inc.’s Lime scooters will soon have a store-front location to call home. Though Lime rose to over a $450 million valuation as part of the dockless e-scooter trend, it now plans to open a Santa Monica store focused on the “lifestyle brand experience.” Riders can rent scooters from the storefront, which will also host events, according to TechCrunch, which reported a job listing for a Lime store manager advertised on Glassdoor.
Elon Musk’s Hawthorne-based Boring Co. plans to unveil a prototype tunnel to the public on Dec. 10, Socaltech reports. Musk’s proposed tunneling system underneath Los Angeles would theoretically reduce traffic and increase transportation speeds, and the prototype tunnel running underneath Hawthorne streets is designed to test that feasibility. Currently, the test tunnel starts under the Space Exploration Technologies Corp. headquarters and ends at a garage roughly two miles away.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Silicon Beach Report Nov. 5: Analyzing Local Election Spending
- Silicon Beach Report Jan. 17: Netflix Grows Subscriber Base
- Silicon Beach Report March 18: Lime Expanding LA Footprint
- Silicon Beach Report June 5: ICO Watchdog Looks to Crackdown on Cryptocurrency Fraud
- Silicon Beach Report Oct. 20: SpaceX Gets $97 Million NASA Contract
- Silicon Beach Report June 30: Jessica Alba’s Honest Co. Settles Fraudulent Labeling Lawsuit for $7.35 Million
- Silicon Beach Report April 17: AppOnboard Raises $15 Million in Series A Funding Round
- Silicon Beach Report Dec. 19: Boring Tunnel Unveiled