Lauren Haverlock has practiced public accounting since 2004. She provides compliance and consulting services for all types of exempt organizations, including public charities in the health care and higher education industries. Haverlock works with organizations in all phases of their lifecycles, from formation to dissolution. She consults on a wide range of issues including public support planning, reasonable compensation best practices, tax impact of alternative investments, lobbying and political activities, unrelated business income tax planning, foreign activities, charity watchdog optimization, and tax exempt bond compliance.
Haverlock’s expertise also includes experience with private foundations, and she co-authored a course on private foundations for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. She advises private foundations on their most pertinent issues, including tax planning related to alternative and foreign investments, structuring program and mission-related investments, charitable giving structuring, transactions with disqualified persons, expenditure responsibility, and distribution planning.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, CLICK HERE.
Stories You May Also Be Interested In
- Economic Forecast & Trends 2018: Tax Cuts and Job Acts - New Opportunities to Minimize the Tax Cost of Transferring Wealth
- Entrepreneur's Notebook---Starting a Private Foundation Can Be a Taxing Matter
- Kullen Birkeland
- Influential Women in Accounting: ELIZA MINASSIAN
- Most Influential Women in Accounting: DONITA JOSEPH
- 2019 Most Influential Minority CPAs: Mohamed Ghattas